Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Snowmen (with a little Questioning and Inferring)!!

Questioning and Inferring!  Two wonderful comprehension strategies we've been working on in kindergarten this year.  Last Thursday we started our Snowman Unit.  To begin I had the little people ask me "20 Questions" about what was inside my mystery box.  Each question could only be answered with either a "yes" or a "no".  They asked some excellent questions and gained evidence about what was inside of my box.  After they asked me their questions they recorded 4 pieces of evidence they knew about the mysterious item.  Their final task was to draw a conclusion or inference about what they thought was inside the mystery box.  I thought I'd share 3 examples with you.  It's funny they were all able to figure out the mystery.  Such good question askers!!  





No comments:

Post a Comment