Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Destination Common Core


Wow!  I just returned home from spending 2 fantastic days getting geared up for Common Core with Kim Adsit!  If you have never attended a workshop by Kim of Kindergals you should definitely try to find one near you.  Well worth the time spent!!  She is extremely down to earth and fun to listen to.   I had been following her blog for about a year when I met her for the first time last year.  


My first experience hearing Kim was last March at the Illinois Kindergarten Conference.  Those sessions were short and sweet, but I loved the 2 days!  So much more information was shared and lots of examples were giving to use right away in our classrooms.   In the two days she covered writing, literacy and math ideas.  Whew!  Parts of me feel like I've been through a whirlwind, but in a good way.  Many of the things she shared with us you can find explanations of on her blog.  Some of the things I want to go back and check out are how she organizes her literacy centers and her morning routine.  If you're like me having time to fit everything in seems to be an issue.  

As teachers, we are constantly growing and changing.  Change is good!!  Common Core is good!!  We just have to figure it all out and help our little get there with us!  

Don't we look cute?!  By the way, Kim is the one on the left.  Me on the right!

No comments:

Post a Comment