Monday, April 22, 2013

Hug the Earth!

This past weekend I was searching for a cute little idea to use with my little people to teach about Earth Day.  I came across this adorable bulletin board by Katie over at the "Teacher to the Core" and decided my kinders could do this amazing little project.  So, I broke out the Silhouette to cut my letters and attempted to draw the pattern pieces to recreate Katie's creation!
Next, I wanted to add a touch of writing.  So, I hopped our to "The First Grade Parade" and like always Cara Carroll came to my rescue with an Earth Day Promise.  So, I combined the two and my kinders came up with our "Hug the Earth" craftivity!  
 I promise to never litter.  I promise to pick up trash!
 I promise to grow trees and plant flowers.
 I promise to pick up garbage because it is bad for the Earth.

Thank you Cara and Katie for your wonderful ideas!!


No comments:

Post a Comment