Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Hi friends!

Hi my friends!
     Nikki here, from Melonheadz Illustrating. What an honor to be asked to be a guest blogger on Mrs. McLaren's blog! I have been so blessed to call her friend:) My blog has been up and running for a little over two years, and what a crazy ride! I have learned so much from those in the teaching community. It's been quite an eye opener, being allowed into your world:) As a parent, I have always felt guilty when it comes to my children's education, wondering how on a limited budget and very little extra time. Being able to share my "stick people" with the world has helped me feel useful! I can't tell you how exciting it is to see that my scribbles are on papers that my kids bring home from school...WOOT WOOT!
     So I thought I would tell you a little about me, and what inspires me to draw the things I do.  My hubby and I have been married a little over 11 years. He is my best "supporter",lol. I am a mommy of 3 girls (O yes... 3!) ages 19, 8, & 7, and 2 furry 4 legged boys. I am also going into my grandmother years... (I don't know how THAT snuck up on me). I work a full time "real" job, and also full time doodling. Yes I never sleep... ever.
     It's a weird thing once you find something you LoVe to do..... I find myself with a running list in the back of my head of "I should draw that".  I have had to become organized.... sort of. If I don't write everything down and in the same place, it is lost in my whirling dervish of a brain. I  am so grateful for the requests and suggestions offered as well. When not working on my list of requests, I like to do silly things that make me smile and are fun! I have no idea usually if they will be useful for anyone else, but they make me happy. Inspiration can come from a story on the news, my faith, or to someone I see on a corner. My little ones are quick to supply me with stuff if I ever run out of ideas too,lol.
    Thank you so  for letting me gab at you, and for taking the time to stop in and see Mrs. McLaren! She has
 and I know you will learn tons from her, and love her as much as I do!

"Lub" you guys!
xox
Nikki

6 comments:

  1. Lub ya right back, Nikki! Lubbed learning more about you! THREE girls. Wowzerrrrrs! And, I'm with ya on the whirling dervish brain! It's a blessing and a challenge...depending on the day...or moment. :)
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to see you here, Nikki! Thanks for sharing a bit about your family. You are so extremely talented and it is always exciting to see what you'll come up with next!
    ΡΌ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm your newest follower! I would love to have you come by my blog!

    www.ateacherwithoutaclas.com

    I'm also hosting my very first linky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you all stopped by!! Hope you have a great to the end of your week!
    Kyp

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nikki! I love your work! I just posted your beautiful Boston tribute on my blog. It's so nice finding out a little bit more about the girl behind the fabulous art!!

    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue,
    That you so much for stopping by my blog!! Hope you'll stop by again!!
    Kyp

    ReplyDelete