Monday, April 1, 2013

Fruit LOOpy Fun with First Grade Fever

Hi everyone! It's Christie from First Grade Fever and I am SuPeR excited to be a guest blogger! Thank you so much Kyp! First, I would like to give a big CONGRATS to Mrs. McLaren's Little Super Heroes for reaching over 100 followers-Woohoo!!!! I was trying to come up with something exciting to write about and decided that I would share one of the activities that I did with my firsties last week.... "LOOPY Words"

We have been working with different vowel teams including "OO." I don't know about you, but I just did not have much luck finding very many ways to reinforce the "OO" sounds. I found some cute video clips on You Tube and we also created our "OO Words" anchor chart, but reproducibles were just far and few between...and our workbook pages just didn't have much pizazz ...so I decided to create this fun lil activity...


I gave my firsties some Fruit Loops cereal & had them write the words to match the pictures, gluing 2 Fruit Loops in place of the "OO" in each word. They absolutely LOVED this activity! But let's be honest, who doesn't love an activity that includes a little snack?!? YUM!!!
If you would like a copy of this Fruit Loopy fun activity, just click HERE or on the pic above! Hope  your kiddos go "LOOPY" over it! :)


2 comments:

  1. So cute, Christie!!! Thanks for having her, Kyp!!! Fun post!
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and so perfect for what I'm teaching this week! Snagging that activity! Thanks!

    Sara
    Primary Buzz

    ReplyDelete