Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Hi Y'all!  I feel like I've been missing in action lately.  My husband and I just returned home from a few days of being in the mountains.  We traveled to Nashville first and spend a wonderful day just seeing some of the sites and then moved on to Gatlinburg, TN.  Absolutely love the Smokey Mountains!!  We've been there several times, but this is the first time we continued on down the road to Grandfather Mountain in North Carolina.  Oh my!!  What a beautiful place!!  Little hairy going up and coming down, but well worth the trip.  Grandfather Mountain is the highest peak on the eastern escarpment of the Blue Ridge Mountains.  It is 5280 feet above sea level.  Below are a few of the pictures from the top of the mountain.



This is the mile high swing bridge.  The old bridge used to swing a lot more than this one. Thank goodness this was only moved a little.  My husband got me to walk across the bridge.  I wanted to run just to get to the other side.  But, I refrained!!

 This is a view from after we crossed the bridge.  The clouds had cleared a little and we could quite a ways!  Isn't it beautiful?

 Me standing at the one mile mark!  Yikes!  Where I'm standing is 1 mile above sea level.  However, I'm really only 80 feet up in the air.  Chicken that I am when it comes to heights, this was plenty high enough for me.  It's a wonderful place to visit!! I love the mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment