Wednesday, October 17, 2012

OOOOh!  Spiders!!
What do you know about spiders?  Well, my kindergarteners knew a lot about these amazing creatures!  On Tuesday we brainstormed all of the things we knew about spiders.  I wrote each sentence on a colored circle.  Later in the day we added heads and legs to our spider bodies and then attached them with Sticky Tack to the giant web I had painted ahead of time.  They are so funny! I had the web on top of our Reading Hut for about 2 weeks and not one child mentioned it to me.  I'm not sure if they even saw it.  And, I thought they were so observant, lol.  Below are pictures of our "What I Know About Spiders..." web.  Wowie, wow, wow!! This week will be an adventure in the life of spiders.  So many exciting and interesting things to learn!  


 Here is a close up of one of our spiders!


2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through the Cyber Monday link-up.

    These spiders are so cute! I have written down the idea in my October idea notebook and will try to do this next year! Cute!

    I'm your newest follower!
    I'd love for you to swing by my blog!
    Hope you're having a great Thanksgiving!

    Jessica
    Second Grade Nest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I will stop by this weekend! You have a wonderful Thanksgiving too!!

    ReplyDelete