Saturday, October 13, 2012

Observation!  Yikes!
Hi All,
I'm being formally observed for the first time in like 20 years!  Oh, boy!  I know it isn't a big deal, but I'm still a little nervous.  I'm just glad I've had a few weeks with my little kindergarteners before the big day!  This year our school district is focusing on Math Common Core.  Therefore, my first observation is going to be a Math lesson.  We've been doing Math Wall activities since the first day of school, so this will be part of my lesson on Monday.  We've also been doing Math Talk pictures.  If you've never used Math Talk it is amazing.  The children observe different pictures looking for patterns, creating and sharing their own math stories or mathematical thinking.  We work on number bonds, counting by 2's, 3's, etc. during our Math Talk time.  Below is the picture we will be using for our Math Talk lesson on Monday.


For this particular lesson I'm also introducing our "Ten-Frame" work mats.  The children have been using ten-frames daily on our Math Wall activities, but this will be the first time they have used a mat to aid them in solving a CGI story problem.  I'm very excited to see how it goes!!  I'm adding our work mats to my TPT store.  So, if you're interested stop on over.  Here are a sample of a few!  Have a great day!!






No comments:

Post a Comment