Friday, June 28, 2013

U.S.S. Midway and "The Kiss"

Today I spent the day on the U.S.S. Midway in San Diego.  What a huge and impressive ship.  Many sailors who dedicated their lives to protect our country served on the Midway at some time during her 47 years of service.  Today I was fortunate to meet at least one sailor who served on the Midway.  I had an overwhelming feeling of awe as I walked the decks.  Thank you all!! 


I also wanted to share with you all the statue "Unconditional Surrender" or better know as "The Kiss".  The infamous embrace starring a sailor and a nurse is an iconic image of the end of World War II. My father served in WWII as a tail gunner in the Air Force.  Thanks Dad!!

Okay, that's it for today!  Can't wait till tomorrow!  Going on a Harbor Tour!  
Hope you'll all check back again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment